Thursday, June 14, 2012

One night in Bangkok

And you end up with your legs in a constant state of itchiness, due to being attacked by mosquitoes. Seriously, is it like I was the only one all of the mosquitoes in Bangkok noticed, because it looks like my legs were attacked by an army of insects. What can I say though, I know that I'm naturally irresistible, to insects and humans alike. That was a joke, of course.

The above complaint is just about the only downside of Bangkok.  The constant and sometimes overpowering smell of sewers is also pretty offensive, but that's something one could get used to.  I know there's a lot of other things that our first world brothers and sisters could lament about in Bangkok but there's something so mystical and baffling about this city.  I can't really put my finger on it, but I think just the fact that it's a million worlds away from suburban Southern California is what makes it so incredible to me.


Besides being eaten alive by Bangkok's entire mosquito population, I've spent my first day and a half in the land of smiles eating spicy food, shopping until I am about to pass out, getting foot massages, drinking tea, breathing in massive amounts of pollution, and dodging cars as well as my own death whilst I walk down the street.  Sidewalks don't really exist here.  Due to the fact that my legs look like they might have some sort of rare and infectious skin disease on them I opted to wear pants today that I bought in a boutique last night.  Ignore my very one dimensional expression.  This is a state of total relaxation and being on the verge of passing out from heat exhaustion.  Interesting combo, no?  I just came back from a foot massage and at that point my legs felt like jelly and just walking was a laborious task.

 shirt- forever 21; pants- lyn around; shoes- thrifted; backpack- fjallraven

So then I found a bus that served alcohol.  I felt normal again.




Enough of me, here's some pics of Bangkok!  My father and Ronald McDonald also make a cameo.








I'll leave you to determine whether you find staring into my monotonous gaze or looking at pictures of Bangkok interests you more.  Whatever tickles your fancy.  And this is my cue to go to bed.  Because none of what I just said made any sense, plus I just started a sentence with because, that's wrong.  I'm delirious.  GOODNIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment