Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oh Tokyo..

I love you so much.  Today I just thought about leaving you and tears started to stream down my cheeks.  Why have you done this to me?  Why did you make me fall in love with you?  I know I'm just another girl to you, but to me, I will be in love with you forever.  You are so special and beautiful and perfect and amazing and like no other.  And you know I have to leave you in two days!  It's so unfair how you treat me.  And you know I would come running back to you with open arms if I had the chance.  You don't even care, do you?  Of course you don't, you are, like, a bunch of concrete and such, so you have no capacity to feel the feelings I have for you. You are a cruel, cruel, son of a bitch of a city.  Just saying.






Ok, enough of my cheesy sentiments.  Nina took me to Asakusa today, which is home to a giant temple and a walking street lined with tiny souvenir shops.  We checked out the temple and I stocked up on souvenirs for my loved ones.  Although the place was jammed pack with tourists, I couldn't help but be struck with the charm of what was once old Tokyo.  It was pretty nice to move from all of the neon lights and giant TV screens to incense-thick air and ancient architecture.




 jacket, shoes, skirt- thrifted; blouse- wego (japan); socks- american apparel; tote bag- violet & claire (japan)


Nina then led me to a tiny cafe that was tucked away in the walking street. I was immediately enamored with this place as soon as we walked up the stairs.  The walls were filled with books and there were multiple clocks hung up (none of them which even could tell the right time but who cares). The patrons were mostly, er..senior citizens, which I found really nice.   It was pretty adorable to see a group of old women sitting in the cafe and chatting amongst tea.  I ordered the honey toast that the cafe was famous for, and HOLY HONEY TOAST, it was fucking incredible.  Please excuse my French, but seriously, that shit was amazing






As much as I enjoyed the quiet time, I felt myself drawn once again to the craziness of Shibuya.  After a heaping and delicious bowl of ramen, I braved rush hour, packed myself like a sardine into the subway.  Call me cliche, but all I wanted to do was listen to My Bloody Valentine on my iPod and walk across the Hachiko crossing (totes Lost in Translation, duh).  I wandered around a few times and found some record stores and also found myself browsing the famed 109 building, gawking at the shops.  Once it turned dark though, I was gawking more at the scene of Shibuya in the dark.  I feel like this place is even crazier at night than it is during the day.  The lights are brighter, the music is louder, and there are tons and tons of people.  Despite the fact that I come from a place that is the polar opposite of Shibuya, I found some sort of peace and refreshment in it.  I made sure to take some pictures for you guys, and risked looking like an idiot tourist with a giant camera around her neck and standing in the middle of the street with tons of irritated locals bumping into her.  But that's how much I love you.










I still can't even believe I'm here sometimes, and I really feel that way right now.  The worst thing is, though, that I know Tokyo will be just a memory to me soon.  I wish I could stay here forever, but life sucks and people who live in Tokyo suck because they live on the best place on earth (just kidding to my Tokyo friends).  I feel like crying again just trying to fathom the fact that I'm going to leave so I'm going to stop writing and go cry and scream into a pillow.  Leaving Tokyo is way worse than a bad break up.  Seriously.

Goodnight :(

3 comments:

  1. AHHH NOW I AM *HOMESICK* Ok, seriously after my bff and I got back from Tokyo we fell into a DEEP DEPRESSION! BE CAREFUL!

    Ps your blog is looking cayooot! So glad you started it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm already in the deep depression state and I haven't even left yet. Tomorrow is going to be a sad sad day :( :(

      Yay!! I'm so glad you like it!
      <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete