Monday, June 25, 2012

oh hi again

I just started this blog and I am already proving to be extremely lazy and disappointing in my consistency of posts.  I'm sorry.  It's sort of not my fault though, my computer took a dump on itself in Thailand and I was therefore left to ignore my blogious duties and focus on more important things.  Like walking through jungles and sipping coffee.  And getting more massages.  And for that I am truly apologetic. You can stop crying now though, I can see those snot bubbles forming.  Your dear friend is back with a working computer charger. 



I'm back in Singapore now and happy to be, because I no longer have to worry about applying dubious amounts of mosquito repellant on all parts of my body just so I can sit on the couch.  I kid you not, I have about five mosquito bites on my face right now, two on my neck, and maybe seven on my body.  THAT I CAN COUNT.  It's a miracle I haven't come down with some kind of tropical disease yet.  Now I'm just sounding like a snotty Westerner so let me tell you about how awesome Thailand is and how I really do miss it already.



Whenever I travel to Asia, I always go to Thailand, and whenever I go to Thailand, I will most likely be in Chiang Mai.  It's like my second home.  It's definitely my favorite place in the country, although I haven't really been to other places out there except for Bangkok.  But because I'm so sure of myself and I know everything I know that Chiang Mai is the best place and I know you would think so too. 




Chiang Mai is a city in the north that seems like somewhat of a clash of the old and the new.  There are still sprawling lots of green forests and rice fields, and beautiful water falls and other wondrous nature-y stuff.  But then there's also hip hopping and happening urban areas that cater to a big population of university and international students, as well as lots of young tourists.  In between you have your Buddhist temples and those are pretty neat because they are really gold and consist of lots of little artisan details that you can tell took tons of time and effort.  And there's monks on motorcycles and old people doing tai chi at sunrise and oodles of noodle shops and the beer is cheap and plentiful.  Oh yeah, and the food and coffee rock too.





If that doesn't sound like an amazing place to you then you don't know what enjoying life is.  Go back to eating mustard on pickles and riding roller coasters.  I hate all of those things, FYI.



 Here's some outfit photos.  I unfortunately only got to properly shoot just one outfit, which is excusable since I ended up wearing just a variation on the same one just about every day.  I picked up this dress in Bangkok among many others like it.  I think I may have gotten multiple dresses of the same style, just different prints.  I can't help myself though, it's so hot out here and these kinds of dresses are just necessary.  I can't layer as I love to do normally, unless maybe I want to suffer from heat exhaustion, so wearing something with a good print and shape overrides my layering lust.



 dress- from thailand; socks- tutuana (japan); shoes- thrifted

I hope you enjoyed hearing from me again, because I sure do enjoy blabbing to you about every single detail of my life.  Because we are best friends and that's what we do.

See ya soon ;) 










No comments:

Post a Comment