Sunday, June 3, 2012

jet lag

Oh hello!  Here I am, in a tiny hotel room in Tokyo, equivalent to the size of a bathroom, at five in the morning, wide awake.  I had the bright idea that maybe I should start blogging again, and felt that my travels this summer would be a nice foray into the blogging world.







I'm here in Japan visiting my friend, Nina, and generally having an awesome time.  This place is impossibly cute/amazing/heavenly/delicious.  I don't get it, but whatever, I guess all of the rest of us just have to accept the fact that Tokyo is way cooler than anywhere else on the planet.  Ugh.



Yesterday Nina took me to a neighborhood on the outskirts of Tokyo called Kichijoji.  It's the polar opposite of the craziness and neon-ness of Shibuya and Shinjuku and what most of us visualize when thinking of Tokyo.  It's a quiet little neighborhood filled with tiny cafes and vintage stores, and of course it's cute in every possible way. 





We spent most of our time in Kichijoji walking through a big park there that I can't remember the name of.  Apparently if you go to this park with your significant other, you guys are bound to break up.  It's a pretty hilarious legend considering this park is like lover's paradise. 




shirt, sweater, belt, and shoes- thrifted; skirt- american apparel; socks- ralph lauren; backpack- fjallraven; headband- forever 21
       

Anyways this is what I wore, I guess I can't decide whether this blog is going to be a fashion blog or a travel blog so let's just say it's having an identity crisis and let it be both.




I'm off to try and sleep, today I'm going to Shibuya for some record shopping.  After I fall back asleep of course, which I'm sure I won't.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Ok bye!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment